St. Rose of Lima Parish is a Roman Catholic community located in Freehold, New Jersey. As part of the Diocese of Trenton, we are guided by The Most Reverend David M. O’Connell, C.M., Bishop of Trenton.
Our hope is that this web site will enhance communication between our parishioners, staff and visitors. It will acquaint you with our mass schedule, liturgies, activities, ministries and community involvement.
ALL MASSES ARE IN THE OLD CHURCH
4 PM English
7 PM Spanish
7 AM English
9 AM Spanish (also live streamed)
10:30 AM English (also live streamed)
12 Noon English
Weekday Mass at 8:30 a.m. “in church” (also live streamed).
Spanish Masses “in church” on Wednesday and Friday at 7 p.m.(also live streamed).
Note: The dispensation from Sunday/Holy Day Mass obligation remains in effect “until further notice.”
Maximum number of parishioners allowed at the “in church” Masses is 50. After the number is reached, the doors will be closed and no more people will be allowed in. The ushers will open the door 15 minutes before Mass starts.
- Those who are hesitant or fearful because of COVID-19 concerns, as well as those with a COVID-19 diagnosis or symptoms, those who may be asymptomatic carriers, those not feeling well, those with underlying health conditions or those in a high-risk category, should stay home.
- A single entrance to the church will be utilized to monitor the number of people attending. Enter and exit through the handicap door only, exit.
Follow the directions of the ushers.
- Receptacles for parish offerings will be placed at the entrance.
- No public gatherings or greetings before or after Masses, at church entrances/exits or on church property are permitted
- Public restrooms will remain closed.
- Congregational singing is discouraged, and no choirs are to be used.
- Masks must be worn the entire time at all Masses by all who attend the Mass; regular hand-washing with soap/water or alcohol based sanitizer brought from home should take place; social distancing – 6 feet – between groups of people from the same household and between single individuals, must be observed at all times.
- Marking off pews will be used. Sit only in the pews/seats marked with a cross on the seat.
- Presentation of offertory gifts and the Sign of Peace is prohibited.
- Communion is restricted to the host only. Communion in the hand is strongly preferred.
- The following methods for distribution of Holy Communion by the priest, deacon or extraordinary minister are to be observed: Single file Communion line with social distancing (6 feet) between communicants in line. Take communion in your hand, step aside, pull down your mask, consume the host, replace your mask (church: main aisle only, priests distribute communion)
- Ministers who distribute Communion are also to wear masks.
- Priest will not receive or gather with the faithful after Mass.
- The use of altar servers will not be used at this time.
In the church, following the 8:30 a.m. Mass until 10 a.m.
Saturday, 9 to 11 a.m. in the Chapel.
Wearing of masks required.
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday chapel 9AM (during private prayer time).
Wearing of masks required.
MINISTERS SCHEDULE October 24/25
4:00 PM 7:00 AM 10:30 AM 12 Noon
Sacristan Sacristan Sacristan Sacristan
K. Ketcham T. O’Donnell M. Solewin B. Bonardi
Reader Reader Reader Reader
R. Incremona T. O’Donnell J. Surgent B. Bonardi
Ushers Ushers Ushers Ushers
G. Freeman D Dawidowicz A. Gaines R. DeSantis
R. Gajewski L. Palermo A. Haszcz
D. Pasquinucci S. Purdum G. Mournet
B. Rosewitz S. Kedulich T. Tolliver-Holder
MINISTERS SCHEDULE October 31/November 1
R. Gajewski D. Pasquinucci B. Rosewitz
A. Gaines L. Palermo S. Purdum S. Kedulich G. Halo
If any Sacristan, Lector or Usher wants to be added to the Mass schedule, please call Donna in the parish office (732) 462-0859 ext. 0.
Fr. John Campoli’s 50th Plus 1 Anniversary Mass and Celebration has been postponed until April 11, 2021.
If you have any questions or if you need to cancel your reservation for the dinner,
please call Donna Mackintosh
Mass, October 24 and 25, the 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Hymns for Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m. and 12 noon.
# 756 Shall We Gather at the River
# 776 Ubi Caritas
How can we continue to participate in the life of our Church…
- Participate in Masses offered on television or on-line via our Facebook.com/st.rosefreehold connection or log on to our parish website (www.stroseoflima.com).
- Keep in touch, see the bulletin on-line, our St. Rose website and Facebook for any new developments, announcements, etc.
- Pray at home in a sacred space perhaps with a crucifix and candle. Read the Scriptures of the day, special devotions perhaps the Rosary, Novena or Stations of the Cross.
Please call the parish office (732) 462-0859 for any questions and concerns; leave a message and someone will return your call. For the safety of the staff’s health, they are working from home whenever possible, but are checking in the office regularly.
The following events/sessions are cancelled until further notice:
Confirmations Rescheduled: October 17 and 24, 10 and 12 noon in the Chapel. Attendance limited to the confirmand, sponsor and parents.
CALL THE PARISH OFFICE 732-462-0859 for information on baptisms, weddings and funerals.
About our Finances…
We depend on the weekly collection to meet our financial obligations. Since we are not permitted Masses, we have no regular support. Because of on-line giving and parishioners who drop off their offering at the rectory, we are collecting about 20% of our usual weekly contributions. Thank you! How we weather this storm will probably affect what our parish will look like in the future. Please do what you can to help support our parish and prayerfully consider increasing your offering as it may take some time to recoup when the crisis is over. Please continue to use the weekly envelopes and send in your offerings by mail or by drop off at the parish office in the mail slot. If you do not have envelopes, please use any plain envelope. You can also sign up for Parish Giving at www.ParishGiving.org or call 1-866-307-7140.
From my heart, thank you for everything you do for us at St. Rose of Lima. May Mary, our Lady of Good Health, watch over you and your loved ones.
Click here for the Live stream page:
If you missed our recent liturgies, you can view them on YouTube:
The weekly Parish Bulletin in English and Spanish is available on the right side of this page.
You can access our Parish Facebook page by typing “@st.rosefreehold” in the Facebook search bar.